Justin Bieber celebrates his 17th birthday, requesting donations for clean water projects

The Canadian star is hoping to use his birthday to the raise money for one of his favorites causes - building clean water projects in developing countries.

"I have had an incredible year and it is all due to the fans helping me live my dream. I'm turning 17 years old on Tuesday, and have so much to be grateful for!" he wrote on a "mycharity: water" website page accepting donations.

"So this year, I really want my birthday to be all about helping others. Instead of asking for gifts, I'm asking friends, family and fans to consider donating $17 for my 17th birthday to help make a change."

He went on: "Together, we've made a big difference for many causes. Did you know that about 4500 kids die each day from waterborne disease? By building clean water projects for villages that need them, we can prevent this!

"I want to make my birthday matter this year - let's make it so more kids can grow up to have a 17th birthday like me. Join me to make a change.

"I'm really so grateful for my family, friends and fans - and I believe we can do something big to help bring clean water to people in need. Even if you don't have $17 to give I just ask you to go out in your community and try and make a positive difference. Even the smallest act of kindness can go a long way."

The website says the charity drive has already raised $24,243.89, far in excess of a $17,000 goal.

Just how Bieber intends to celebrate his birthday is unclear but he turned heads at the Vanity Fair post-Oscars dinner party Sunday night in Hollywood when he showed up with girlfriend Selena Gomez.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Age Calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H


Subscribe here