corpse flower


Earlier this week, B-Side Blog reader Sisofjash sent me an email urging me to go to the nearby Huntington Botanical Gardens in Pasadena to check out the very rare and supposedly very malodorous blooming of a "corpse flower." This exciting event only happens once every few years, and apparently, it's been witnessed by humans less than a hundred times EVER. I'm not a big flower person, but I always like an adventure, and I hadn't been to the botanical gardens in several years; so I thought, why not? I wrangled my friend Lorie, and the two of us headed East to Pasadena.

Pics of our afternoon in the gardens, culminating with the corpse flower, after the jump...

Posted by imran Friday, June 19, 2009

0 comments

Post a Comment

Age Calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H


Subscribe here